About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking a Video Producer/Animator to support all Gizmodo Media Group sites, including Gizmodo, Jezebel, Deadspin, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jalopnik, Splinter and The Root.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of areas of expertise, excellent production skills, and is passionate about our sites. Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential.
- 2+ years experience in digital video production and animation with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms
- Creating and applying motion graphics/animations as needed.
- Candidate should have a mastery of After Effects, proficiency in Premiere, and skills in other video editing tools.
- Conceptualizing animations from first to the last frame, and providing producers with visual ideas.
- Maintaining quality control for all outgoing edits, including graphics and audio mixes.
- Optimizing post-production workflows.
- Expertise with streaming and capture software is a plus.
- Pitching stories regularly.
- Working collaboratively with all our talented bloggers to add video elements to stories in progress.
- Ability to shoot and edit is a plus, but not required.
- Working closely with video leadership and producers to make smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the sites.