Deputy Head Of Audience and Social
Gizmodo Media Group is looking for a deputy head of audience and social to join our growing social team and support the head of audience and social. This position will focus on setting social strategy for GMG, working closely with social editors and newsroom leads to develop social-first content and promote editorial tentpoles and events. The ideal candidate has a passion for fearless journalism and has experience running social in a news environment. This person should also have analytics experience, specifically in using analytics reports to make data-informed decisions. Most importantly, this person should be an expert on our brands and their voices.
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Earther, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik, TrackRecord and The Root. As part of Fusion Media Group, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
- 5+ years working in social in a news environment
- Experience managing social media editors
- Be organized and excited by establishing workflows
- Experience reading and quickly acting on analytics reports
- Experience working across different teams (Tech/Product, Marketing, Video, etc)
- Excellent communication skills
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit