About the Company
GMG is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Kotaku, Deadspin, Jezebel and Jalopnik. As a part of Fusion Media Group (FMG) they join a collection of digital-first properties including The Onion, The AV Club, FUSION.net, The Root, and Clickhole to reach 70MM unique visitors a month -- more than one third of all Americans.
About the Role
GMG is seeking a Frontend Engineer to create the best possible experience for our users and readers. This experienced and innovative builder will partner with others in Product, Design and Business to work on the largest collaborative publishing system on the web: Kinja. Kinja powers the company’s beloved brands Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, etc as well as up and coming news brands and sees in excess of 100 million users around the world each month. Following a “vertically integrated” approach to our platform the Frontend Engineer will work closely with designers to explore possibilities through visual and interactive mocks and then translate them into production. We’re looking for engineers who are not constrained by the past and have experience embracing new browser and mobile capabilities that do product-driven application level engineering.
- Work closely with Product and Design to build the best possible user experience
- Support all of our live Gizmodo Media Group properties while building out key frontend functions for platform users
- Conjure up new features and ways to make the ones we have work better
Things you should have/be
- Up-to-date knowledge of tools and practices for building a high performing application
- Strong product intuition and experience collaborating closely with designers to bring elegant user products to life
- A personal practice of creating testable, well documented, reusable code
- A passion for great user experiences on the web (or mobile) and a desire to work with a team that makes this a priority
- Mobile, iOS, Android is a plus