This week, Amazon put out a teaser video of people reacting to a mystery product the company will reveal on June 18th. The first version of the video never showed the product, but we got our hands on the uncut video. Now you can see exactly what those smiling people had their fingers in.
For the rest of this week's top comedy videos, head on over to SplitSider. Now for the news!
- Silicon Valley and Inside Amy Schumereached aired their season finales. We reviewed Silicon Valley's first year and rounded up the best sketches from this season of Amy Schumer.Following the success of Workaholicsand Broad City, Comedy Central has ordered a pilot from sketch duo BriTANick.
- NYC standup and former SNL writer Michael Che made his debut as a Daily Show correspondent. We interviewed him about his Comedy Central Half Hour, which airs tonight.John Oliver's net neutrality segment caused the FCC's comment section to crash.
- The UCB Theatre announced the amazing lineup for the 16th annual Del Close Marathon.We got some more details on what to expect from The Minority Report with Larry Wilmore.
- We took a look at the roots of comedic filmmaking by examining the visual direction of Chaplin and Keaton.
- We profiled Kristen Wiig's pre- and post-Saturday Night Live years, as well as her meteoric rise on the show itself.
- For its 30th anniversary, Ghostbusters is getting a theatrical re-release.
- We made a list of 11 excellent modern comedy duos, including the Broad City ladies and Key & Peele.
- Amy Poehler shared some more information on what to expect from her upcoming first book, Yes Please.
- We talked to comedian and physical therapy doctorate recipient Chris Distefano about his upcoming Half Hour, and what it takes to be a great stand-up.
- Kumail Nanjiani launched a podcast that will analyze every episode of The X-Files, one at a time.
- We recommended this week's best podcasts, including Morgan Freeman's podcast debut on Nerdist, and the Twitter feed of Eli Yudin.