Most people have heads. So when you see someone without a head, it's a bit of a novelty. So for this week's Shooting Challenge, we want you to photography headless people doing everyday things. But how?
Take a photo of a person without a head doing whatever you'd like. Here's how:
Now while you're free to build a complicated suit that creates the illusion of headlessness, we have a better plan: Set your camera on a tripod or a table (anywhere it can't move). Take a picture of your subject (head attached). Then have them leave the scene and take another picture.
In post production, stack the two images so your human is on top. Erase the head, and the background will be there (like magic!).
Now, the collar may need some clone stamp finessing, depending on your angle. It's something to keep in mind.
Our lead image is by flickr's Le Turc. It's a photo of a street performer in Paris. Given that most of you will be using Photoshop to cheat, it's likely your work will look even better.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken since this contest was announced (read more on that above).
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a 2560x1600 sized in email. I know that your photo may not fall into those exact high rez dimensions, so whatever native resolution you're using is fine.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, December 16th at 9AM Eastern to email@example.com with "Headless" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameHeadless.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameHeadlessWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions. Include a recipe along with a story of your tradition in a few sentences.