Photoshop allows you to insert anything you'd like into an image. But for this week's Shooting Challenge, we want you to do it analog style. Print a photo and hold it within a scene—then take a photo of that.
Take a photo of a scene that's been augmented by another photo being placed within the frame. (Or use an iPad if you don't feel like printing that photo.)
No using Photoshop in the final image beyond color/contrast tweaking. But feel free to use it in making your analog print out.
The real challenge here is one of scale. Other than simple masks, which you might hold up to a face or arm in 1:1 scale, any image you print will be significantly smaller than the real world in the background. Consider perspective.
But blending is just as important. One technique might be to lock down a tripod and take a photo (maybe of a roof). Photoshop something into that photo (like a person sitting on the roof). Then crop/print that section of the photo. Theoretically, it'll work. In actuality, I've never tried it, and finding a tutorial on the matter is borderline impossible. (Drop your own links below).
The Rules - READ THESE
0. No watermarks. They're so ugly.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken since this contest was announced.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a native resolution sized shot in email.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, November 25th at 10AM Eastern to email@example.com with "photoshop" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnamephotoshop.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnamephotoshopWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences. And don't skip this story part because it's often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the shot itself!