It's one thing if your phone bursts into flames and cooks up your leg-meat real bad, but that's nothing compared to losing your whole apartment in an inferno. That's exactly what a Hong Kong man claims happened to him while he was just plugging away at Love Machine (an app, not a euphemism) on his Galaxy S4.
I don't know why these people are doing this, but what the hell, after watching this video I want to do it too. Or maybe I shouldn't try, since you can probably die doing it. [Thanks Karl!]
Here's why your mother always said never to put aluminum foil in the microwave. Can someone buy this Swedish guy a new kitchen, please? And a box o' wine, too? [YouTube] Thanks, Nightwheel!
Just when we thought we had heard the last of the exploding-laptop stories, word has it that two NEC desktops in Japan have caught fire. In both cases, the fire was due to a faulty coil in the power supply, which NEC said they'd replace at no charge to their customers. Fortunately, there were no injuries to report of…