No more wasting your money collecting all those apps just so you can watch the lovely, revolutionary, magical, emotional, whatever-happened-to-those iAds contained therein. Apple has deigned to slap together iAd Gallery, a free app that promises "Great ads. On-demand. In your pocket." I don't think it's a belated…
According to Techcrunch, Apple's play for the mobile advertising market isn't hitting as hard as it needs to. "The general consensus among the advertising community is that [iAd] is a product they don't want." [Techcrunch]
Sportswear and shoe maker Adidas has allegedly canceled a hefty $10 million iAd due to "control issues" that could not be resolved with Apple or its CEO, Steve Jobs.
Oh no! Apple rejected this cute girl's iPhone app twice because it has "minimal user functionality." How dare they claim that an app that lets me browse those horrid iAds is useless!
According to some research by Gene Munster/Piper Jaffray, of the 4 billion app downloads on iPhones, iPods and iPads, 81% are free downloads, and the other 19% average a cost of $1.49.
Apple isn't exactly a company known for its modesty. But with the introduction of Safari Reader, Apple's made a doozy: Every ad on the web is a distraction from content. Big talk from a newly minted ad company.
According to research by mobile ad team Smaato, U.S. users of Symbian-based devices—few and far between as they may be—click 2.7 times more mobile ads than other users. How to explain this tiny victory?
Make no mistake, iAds are the iPhone user's worst enemy. If Buzz Lightyear were at the unveiling, he'd have rocket punched Apple right in the face.