2013 is shaping up to be a big year for big televisions, and that means last year's models are going to be dropping in price to make way for new OLED and 4K TVs. Like this 64-inch 3D Samsung plasma set that got a $350 price cut this past week.
The PN64E550 is Samsung's "budget" 64-inch plasma, but for most folks, it will be more than enough TV. It's got everything you want from a furniture-like investment: it's an active-3D set, it has Samsung's smart functionality, and it sports a slim tasteful bezel that'll look good for years to come. Its MSRP is $2800—although TVs never retail at MSRP—but most other places are still charging $2000. At Amazon, it's $1650 with free shipping. Looks like you're going to need a bigger living room. [Amazon]
• 64" Samsung PN64E550 Plasma 3DTV ($1650) | Amazon | Normally $2000
Here's a free Redbox rental, code YYNNM957 (h/t @9to5toys)— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) May 29, 2013
• Free to play Shadow Warrior Classic | Steam
• Today Only Sword of the Stars: The Pit ($5) | Steam | Normally $10
• SimCity 4 Deluxe [not Steam] ($5) | Amazon
• Dark Souls [LIVE] ($10) | Microsoft | Must be Gold
Dumb TV → Smart TV
SIR— a year of the Economist is on Groupon for $51 groupon.com/deals/the-econ…— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) May 29, 2013
• 64" Samsung 3D Plasma HDTV ($1650) | Amazon | Originally $2000
• Next Word ($0) | Amazon Appstore | Originally $1
• Free A4-Sized Spider Identification Chart ($0) | Termite.com
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.