With a movie adaptation like The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, it's easy to get swept up in the pop culture hype, and lose sight of what's really important: how hot are the boys? Fortunately, Philip K. Rosenthal is here with a deeper look.
For the rest of this week's top comedy videos, including a head-to-head battle between an Xbox One and $500 worth of rice, and Sarah Silverman explaining what makes a diva, head on over to Splitsider.
- Comedy Central ordered a pilot of The Chris Gethard Show, and we talked to him about this exciting news.
- Monty Python announced they're reuniting for a stage show.
- We responded to Variety's godawful, despicable review of Sarah Silverman's new standup special.
- Joel Hodgson is resurrecting MTS3K's Turkey Day this year with new interstitials and a curated marathon.
- We interviewed Chris Lilley about his new show Ja'mie: Private School Girl, Jason Woliner and Andrew Weinberg about Eagleheart, Jody Hill about Eastbound & Down,Kyle Kinane about his standup career, The Lucas Brothers about their new Fox ADHD show, and Sarah Silverman about her HBO standup special, which premieres tomorrow.
- We looked at the why it's so hard for others to duplicate the success of The Onion.
- After two seasons, MTV canceled Nikki & Sara Live. Sara Schaefer gave us a look into her comedy past.
- Paul Rudd, John Goodman, and Jimmy Fallon are hosting the last SNL episodes of the year, with Timberlake as musical guest for Fallon's Christmas show.
- Steve Martin accepted his honorary Oscar, and Martin Short and Tom Hanks both gave great speeches about him.
- We reviewed the fourth and final season of Eastbound & Down, and the ninth and not-final season of It's Always Sunny.
- We looked back at Tom Lennon and Ben Garants failed NBC pilot, The Strip, Eddie Murphy's time on SNL, and made a video list of Chris Elliott's best appearances on Late Night with David Letterman.
- CBS ordered a pilot of the spinoff How I Met Your Dad.
- We recommended the week's best podcasts and the Twitter feed of Noah Garfinkel.