It's almost Summer again, and that means we're looking for a pair of interns to add to the Gizmodo lineup. We need one intern who lives in the NYC area and another who lives in the SF Bay Area to give a minimum of 20 hours a week for 2 months (though we won't object if you want to add an extra 40 hours to that). If it works out, you can stay longer. Here's what we're looking for...
• Completed, or working towards, a degree in Journalism (English, tech and science degrees OK too) -or- equivalent writing experience in online or tech media
• Passion for Gadgets and Technology
• Solid writing ability (excellent grammar, spelling, mechanics)
• Basic HTML and Photoshop ability
• Reliable mode of transportation (for SF candidates)
• Good organization and attention to detail (cliched, I know, but a must)
• You HAVE TO live within commuting distance of SF or NYC
An understanding of how news and media works is a plus, but not a must. A small monthly stipend will also be included, but it won't get you out of your parents' basement. Send an email with a brief intro, your resume, three writing samples (published clips or fake, "Giz style" posts on the gadget news of your choice) and five favorite gadgets (be creative, dammit) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "SF Intern" or "NYC Intern". Please, no attachments, but links are OK.