You're home for the holidays, and once again, friends and family are thwarting your opportunities to browse the internet. So we'd like Giz readers to fight back, reclaim the holiday in digital protest and capture the moment while doing so.
For inspiration, look at the results of our last inappropriate browsing contest (warning, some NSFW images). The shot need not include Gizmodo, but someone should be online, ruining the holiday cheer.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos need to be taken the week of the contest. (No portfolio linking or it spoils the "challenge" part.)
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings and technique used to snag the shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Include 800px image AND something wallpaper sized in email.
Send your best entries by Sunday at 6PM Eastern to email@example.com with "Inappropriate Holiday Browsing" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs or GIFs at 800 pixels wide, and use a FirstnameLastname.jpg naming convention using whatever name you want to be credited with. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email.
Follow Gizmodo's Shooting Challenge on Facebook
Gizmodo's Shooting Challenge is a weekly opportunity to dust off that fancy dSLR and experiment with hundreds of others in a new photography theme announced every Wednesday. May the best shot rule the internet for a week!
You can easily follow Gizmodo's Shooting Challenge on Facebook: Facebook.com/ShootingChallenge