Keeping with the snake theme, Booq's new Cobra range of four gadget-friendly bags are (mostly) affordable, but actually look really nice. My favorite is the Courier XS satchel—large enough for an iPad and the rest of your junk.
The Courier XS is $145, but if you're in need of something larger, there's the Cobra Slim L, a slim briefcase for $155. It can store laptops up to 17-inches in size, plus an iPad in the second non-scratch compartment.
Next up in size and cost is the Cobra Brief L, a medium-sized briefcase for laptops up to 17-inches. There's a few more pockets and compartments here, justifying the $255 price.
Heavy packers who need to cart around heaps of files, gadgets and their requisite chargers should check out the Cobra Case L, which is more expensive at $345 (bit too much, if you ask me), but it could probably double as an overnight bag. A slag bag for the modern-day professional, if you will.
Full details below in the press release, with pictures located over here: [Max Borges]
Sierra Madre, California – (September 23, 2010) – Booq, a leading brand of premium laptop and iPad carrying cases, unveils an eye-catching line of high-end bags for today's creative professionals. Booq's new Cobra line brings a luxuriously fresh design and simply sharp look to booq's already stellar line of iPad bags, skins, messengers, and backpacks. The stylish line includes the Cobra case L (full size briefcase), Cobra brief L (mid-size briefcase), Cobra slim L (slim briefcase), and Cobra courier XS (iPad messenger bag). Available at booqbags.com and retailers throughout the country, booq's innovative designs help make today's creative professional more mobile and stylish than ever.
"The Cobra collection is by far the most high end product range we have designed to date," says booq's Lead Designer, Jake Orak. "No corners were cut nor expense spared in the development process and we invested a lot of time and effort into every little detail."
Each Cobra bag is crafted with a black 1680 denier ballistic nylon with water-repellant coating and trimmed with genuine Nappa leather inside and out. All buckles and loopholes are emphasized with a durable gunmetal hardware, giving each Cobra bag a refined and polished look. To contrast this high-end luxury feel, booq designers equipped each bag with a highly abrasion-resistant and water-resistant rubberized bottom that provides rugged protection from all of life's harsh elements.
Orak also points out style and elegance is nothing if the bag doesn't function in your everyday life. "Functionality is always at the forefront of our design process, so anything that wasn't needed or got in the way of the products usability was thrown out. As a result, what you see is a very simple, stripped down and honest design with all the right stuff to be the best business bag possible."
Whether you're a frequent traveller who needs all your gear all the time, or you're just attacking your workday with the bare essentials, each Cobra bag is tailored to fit your type of day. From pen holders and document folders, to iPad specific pockets and plush quilted PC/Mac compartments, no gadget is left without a home. "Your gadgets make you who you are, why not let them all live in the lap of luxury and show people you mean business!"
Cobra case L:
King of the Cobra line, the highly functional solution for the frequent traveller carrying a Mac/laptop, iPad, folders, documents, and numerous accessories
* Spacious main compartment perfect for larger items
* Front exterior pocket with plush non-scratch lining sized ideally for an iPad
* Multiple compartments for charger, hard drives, and similarly sized items
* Two exterior quick access pockets and a large back magazine pocket
* Macbook Pro (15"-17") and PC's (up to 16.4") – $345.00
Cobra brief L:
Luxurious mid-size laptop briefcase with an ultra clean look and just the right balance of capacity and size
* Padded and quilted laptop compartment lined in silky smooth fabric
* Nappa leather-trimmed pockets for iPad charger, iPhone, wallet or pens
* Front pocket sized perfectly for the iPad
* Quick access exterior pockets for magazines and documents
* Macbook Pro (15"-17") and PC's (up to 16.4") – $255.00
Cobra slim L:
Oozing design quality, Cobra slim walks the line between laptop sleeve and slim briefcase, ideal for those traveling with just the essentials
* Plush and quilted laptop compartment
* Well-padded non-scratch iPad compartment
* Multiple accessory pockets including an easy to access iPhone pocket
* Ergonomically contoured Nappa-leather carrying handles
* Macbook Pro (15"-17") and PC's (up to 16.4") – $155.00
Cobra courier XS:
Sleek and elegant iPad bag uses luxurious design and superior functionality to create the perfect ‘made for iPad' messenger
* Non-scratch and well-padded interior compartment made for iPad
* Main compartment with pockets for iPad charger, phone, wallet, or pens
* Front zippered pocket for additional accessories
* Exterior back pocket for quick access items
* Made for iPad – $145.00
Each case comes with a smooth seatbelt nylon shoulder strap and non-slip silicon grip that keeps the bag from sliding off your shoulder. The three brief style cases provide multiple carrying options including a luggage trolley pass-through or the retractable ergonomically sculpted nylon carrying handles.