Remember those leaked docs about Best Buy's buy back program? Well now the service is live and is fundamentally the same as expected. They'll buy back your devices (in the form of store credit) for a percentage of the orignal price based on how long ago your purchased it. The only downside is that they charge you a fee up front to have the privilege of this service, calling it "buy back protection" (they say the fee for laptops, netbooks and tablets will be $70).
The buy back percentages are as follows:
· Redeem your Buy Back within 6 months from purchase effective date, and get up to 50 percent of your purchase price
· Redeem your Buy Back after 6 months to 12 months from purchase effective date , and get up to 40 percent
· Redeem your Buy Back after 12 months to 18 months from purchase effective date and get up to 30 percent
· Redeem your Buy Back after 18 months to 24 from purchase effective date and get up to 20 percent
· For TVs only, redeem your Buy Back within 48 months from purchase effective date and get up to 10 percent