The ANC9s have three different levels of noise-canceling like the Sonys do — the only difference is that it, in this case, it really works. In fact, when riding home with the ANC9s on one night, the silence was so peaceful that I nodded off and missed my stop. Eternal slumber aboard a horrible, lumbering machine. That's what we were after all along.
Let's face it: good noise canceling headphones are pricey, but if you spend a lot of time on planes or trains, they're worth every penny. Today Buydig is having a stellar sale on the noise canceling headphones you want. They're offering them for $199, which is a steal. Use coupon code NewYearSave5 to knock another $5 off.
Follow Dealzmodo and we'll save you money. Follow @dealzmodo
Found a hot deal? Email the Dealzmodo mailbag!
The Easiest $5 You'll Make Today
We were going to tell you about a damn simple way to get $5 of Amazon credit, but it's already expired. If you followed Dealzmodo on Twitter you'd be $5 richer.
• 32GB Sony Class 10 SD Card ($17) | Amazon via Ben's Bargains | Originally $25
• Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard ($25) | Newegg via Techbargains | Originally $35 | Use coupon code AFTBEXC124
• Lenovo Wireless Windows 8 TouchPad ($30) | Lenovo via Logicbuy | Originally $50 | Use Coupon Code USP1JA341641
• CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard ($55) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $80
Nothing. That's remarkable.
• Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9 QuietPoint Noise-Cancelling Headphones ($194) | Buydig via Logicbuy | Originally $300
• Yamaha RX-V373 Reciever ($200) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $250
• Audio Technica ATH-W5000 ($673) | Buydig via Logicbuy | Originally $750 | Use coupon code NEWYEARSAVE15
• AKG Headphone Sale | World Wide Stereo via Dealnews | Use coupon code DNEWSAKG
Secret World ($10) | Origin via Reddit | Originally $20
• Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox ($10) | Newegg via Techbargains | Originally $20
• Battlefield 3 ($12) | Origin via Reddit | Originally $30
• Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy ($30) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $40
• Borderlands 2 PC Download ($30) | Amazon via Amazon | Originally $60
• Far Cry 3 for PS3 and Xbox ($35) | Newegg via Reddit | Originally $50 | Use coupon code EMCXWVV223, matches Amazon's price from earlier this week
• Witcher 2: Assassin of the King Collector's Edition ($40) | Newegg via Reddit | Originally $60 | Use coupon code EMCXWVS223
• Wii U Virtual Console 30 Cent Game Sale | Nintendo via Reddit | For the next 30 days, there's going to be 30 cent Virtual Console games
• $20 Amazon Credit with Game Preorders | Amazon via Reddit | Games include Dead Space 3, Sim City, Crysis 3
There are some pretty badass Doc Martens on sale over at 6PM today. On the other hand there are also some historically hideous shoes on sale as well. My pick are these steel-toe boots — they make me wanna kick some heads in, or something. [6PM]
Dumb TV → Smart TV
• 13" Dell XPS with 128GB SSD ($750) | Dell via Logicbuy | Originally $950 | Use coupon code J9ZR64?V1WQ2S0
• 15" Dell XPS 1080p Laptop with Discrete Graphics + $200 Dell Gift Card ($1250) | Dell via Logicbuy | Originally $1300
• Samsung Galaxy Note II for Verizon with Contract ($200) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $300 | For returning customers too
• Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S II Mini ($300) | Ebay via Techdealdigger | Originally $500
Tablets and Ereaders
Everyone looking for a dirt cheap TV: this is a 32" TV for $200 bucks. The downside is that it's only 720p. But it's $200! [Best Buy]
• 23" 1080p Acer Monitor ($110) | Newegg via Techbargains | Originally $140
• 32" Insignia 720p LED LCD TV ($200) | Best Buy via Dealnews | Originally $230
• 40" 1080p Sceptre HDTV ($280) | Newegg via Reddit | Originally $350 | Use coupon code EMCXWVS88
• DellTM UltraSharpTM U2711 27" Monitor with PremierColor ($650) | Dell via Slickdeals | Originally $800 | Use coupon code LNSLNCBFWH?RSM
• 55" LG 3D TV + Soundbar + 3D Glasses ($880) | Tiger Direct via Techdealdigger | Originally $1000
• 60" Panasonic Viera TC-P60GT50 3D Plasma ($1700) | Amazon via Techdealdigger | Originally $2000
• Paul's TV Panasonic Plasma Sale | Paul's TV via Fatwallet
• Lens+ ($0) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $1
• Amateur Surgeon 2 ($0) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $2
• Need for Speed Hot Pursuit ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $5
• Mass Effect Infiltrator ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $5
• Over HD ($2) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $2
The Best American Nonrequired Reading should be required reading
Amazon's running a pretty cool Kindle ebook promotion on the Best American series, which takes notable writers and has them curate a list of their favorite writing in the field for a given year — essays, science writing, short stories. It's kind of like a blog roundup in book form. Well, they're all $2 today for the Kindle. My favorite is the Best American Nonrequired Reading, which is curated by Dave Eggers. I read the 2009 edition, and it was a really fun read. Without it I never would have discovered The Million Year Boom. I picked up this year's version for my Kindle, and I know what I'll be reading on the subway tonight. [Amazon]
Do you make or sell cool gadgets and you have a hot deal you want to share with Gizmodo readers? Email me!