Video Producer, Jezebel
New York, NY
Gizmodo Media Group is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly creative producer for its flagship women's interest site, Jezebel.
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Earther, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik and The Root. As part of Fusion Media Group, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
The ideal candidate will be an obsessive reader of Jezebel, deeply engaged with politics and culture, and have a passion for producing video content within these beats. Ability to shoot and edit video for a fast-paced digital operation is essential.
- 3+ years experience in digital video production and editing, with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms.
- Work closely with Jezebel’s editorial team to conceive, shoot and edit smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Independently shoot and edit (Premiere Pro) high-quality video, while also being able to work alongside crews or in pairs as needed.
- Pitch innovative stories regularly.
- Work collaboratively with Jezebel’s talented and video-savvy bloggers to bring the video quality to the next level.
- Work collaboratively with other GMG sites (Gizmodo, Jalopnik, Deadspin, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Splinter and The Root).
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and answer the job-specific questions below.
GMG and its parent, Univision, are deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a full-time staff role based in GMG's New York City office and reports into Jezebel's Senior Producer.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.