Video Producer, The Root
New York, NY
Gizmodo Media Group is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly producer for The Root, a premier source for black news, opinions, politics, and culture.
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Earther, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik and The Root. As part of Fusion Media Group, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
Our ideal candidate is great behind and in front of the camera — someone with a strong perspective on the cultural and political news of the day, and a desire to share that perspective with our audience. Ability to produce and edit videos in a fast-paced digital environment is essential.
- 3-5+ years experience in digital video production and editing, with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms.
- An idea generator with the ability to conceive and structure series, one-off video stories, and medium to long-format video content for platforms, including Facebook and YouTube.
- Work closely with The Root’s editorial team to conceive, shoot, and edit smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Independently shoot and edit (Premiere Pro) high-quality video, while also able to work alongside crews or in pairs as needed.
- Work collaboratively with The Root’s talented and video-savvy bloggers to bring the video quality to the next level.
- A track record of on-camera work is strongly preferred.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and answer the job-specific questions below.
GMG and its parent, Univision, are deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a full-time staff role based in GMG's New York City office and reports into The Root's Senior Producer.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.