Digital Sales Planner, Fusion Media Group
New York, NY or Chicago, IL
Location can be based in Gizmodo Media Group's New York City office or The Onion, Inc's Chicago office.
About the Company:
Fusion Media Group is looking for a Digital Sales Planner to help develop digital media strategies in support of our Ad Sales teams. The Sales Planner will be responsible for generating detailed media plan proposals in partnership with the content team in response to requests for proposal from agencies and clients. This position is also responsible for understanding our advertising specs and tracking advertising inventory and availability to ensure accurate forecasting for all campaigns.
About the Roles:
- Complete day-to-day sales planning material in response to RFPs
- Create digital sales plans using appropriate media mix, inventory avails and pricing
- Fill out all specs requests
- Manage all daily sales plan revisions
- Pull relevant audience statistics via ComScore
- Review & approve all Insertion Orders against internal inventory system
- Understand Fusion Media Group inventory and traffic patterns to effectively put together media plans customized to client objectives
- Work closely with our sales and content teams in order to effectively create a media strategy that aligns with client goals.
- Collaborate with sales, account management and ad ops to ensure campaigns transition from proposal to launch.
- Traffic necessary paperwork through internal channels
- Administrative tasks such as database management and spec upkeep
- 1 - 2 years of work experience in one of the following areas: strategic digital planning (experience at an agency or with a publisher) or digital sales
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional excel skills
- Understand client priorities and translate to effective media plans
- Knowledge of industry – current and up and coming
- Ability to support requests from Account Management, Sales, and Media, juggling multiple tasks
- Ability to quickly analyze media plans and succinctly recap findings
- Self sufficiency
- Digital planning, sales, or campaign management experience a must
- Proficiency in digital media tools such as DART, Atlas, Omniture, iDesk, MediaVisor, ComScore, etc. highly desired.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, efficiently manage time and prioritize deliverables
- Must be proficient in Excel.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and answer the job-specific questions below.
FMG and its parent, Univision, are deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This role reports directly into our VP of Media Strategy and Ops