New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the role:
G/O Media is looking for a Commerce Editor with deep knowledge of brands, retailers, and products, as well as the ability to communicate and work effectively with our team, and alongside our Editorial staff.
- Create Commerce Content, including Kinja Deals posts and product recommendations
- Use KPI and sales performance data to inform content decisions and improve the user experience while driving affiliate revenue
- Search the Internet for the best deals and coolest products in a variety of categories
- Work with our affiliate partners to bring great deals and exclusives to our readers
- Write, edit, create images, Tweets, and interact with readers
- Improve performance using data from Amazon Associates, Skimlinks, Google Analytics, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of Editorial experience combined with a strong interest in eCommerce
- Deep product knowledge and passion
- Killer writing skills and a voice that fits the G/O Media brands
- A strong interest in eCommerce, conversion, and analytics
- Willingness to contribute on weekends and/or evenings
- Deep gaming and/or pop culture acumen
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.