Senior Commerce Editor
New York, NY
About the Role
The award-winning Commerce Team at Fusion Media Group - Gizmodo Media Group presents the best deals and products from around the web to over 100 million monthly US readers across the Gizmodo, Fusion, and Univision portfolios of websites. The candidate chosen for the role of Senior Commerce Editor will help scour the internet for deals on great products (while sorting out the crap), develop relationships with affiliates and manufacturers, and present the best sales to Kinja Deals readers in the form of punchy, compelling blog posts.
Deep knowledge of brands, retailers, and products is a must for this position, as well as the ability to communicate and work effectively with our team, and alongside our Editorial staff. The candidate needn’t be an expert in every product category, but should be passionate about some, and willing to research and learn about others on a daily basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Create Commerce Content, including Kinja Deals posts and product recommendations
- Trawl the Internet for the best deals and coolest products in a variety of categories
- Work with our affiliate partners to bring great deals and exclusives to our readers
- Write, edit, create images, Tweet, and interact with readers
- Gauge and improve performance using data from Amazon Associates, Skimlinks, Google Analytics, etc.
Things You Should Have:
- minimum 3 years of Editorial experience combined with a strong interest in eCommerce
- Deep product knowledge and passion
- Killer blogging skills and a voice that fits the GMG tone
- A strong interest in eCommerce, conversion, and analytics
- Willingness to contribute on weekends and/or evenings
- Deep gaming and/or pop culture acumen
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and answer the job-specific questions below.
FMG and its parent, Univision, are deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.