Account Executive, Fusion Media Group
New York, NY
About the Company
Fusion Media Group reaches 100MM unique visitors monthly and FMG includes Gizmodo Media Group, Onion Inc, Splinter News and The Root among other platforms and networks.
About the Role
FMG is seeking a dynamic Account Executive to generate advertising revenue with agency partners. This role requires a persuasive, disciplined self-starter with a passion for hitting sales goals and high-volume activity. An understanding of content marketing and branded content sales experience are an important attribute.
• Develop a deep understanding of FMG product & content capabilities.
• Build relationships with key marketing executives and decision makers on target accounts
• Drive the entire sales process including: meetings, RFP, negotiating, closing, and advising during execution
• Work in conjunction with sales management on account development strategies
• Commit to a high activity sales culture, executing a minimum of 7-10 meetings per week
• Procure proposals/homework assignments from each meeting and commit to an innovative follow up strategy (next day on submission etc).
• Work collaboratively with all levels of staff within our Sales, Media Operations, Strategy, Account Management, Product, and Intelligence teams.
• Use the CRM for meeting, follow-up and notes diligently
• 4+ years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, or media.
• In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology and its competitive landscape.
• Well established relationships within the advertising industry.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy.
• A deep understanding of the industry's key issues and trends