Senior Software Engineer (Web), UCI
Univision is seeking a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our team in Miami or Bogota. The interactive media group develops and maintains all consumer-facing applications: Univision.com, mobile applications (e.g. Univision, Univision Deportes, Uforia), data services (video, sports, etc), and more! The senior front-end engineer is experienced with front-end technologies and their associated testing frameworks. They understand UX at a fundamental level and love translating design comps into apps. They’re a seasoned leader, love mentoring through example and embracing new technologies. Our team has some amazing projects in the works and is looking for like-minded people to help us make an even greater impact on the global Hispanic community.
- Build our next generation web app for univision.com using node js and reusable react js components
- Create tests using frameworks like karma /mocha /chai
- Optimize components for performance across devices and browsers
- Perform regular code reviews with the team
- Work with Product Designers to implement our new user experience for the next generation of Univision’s products
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ES6
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic Apps is a plus
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Experience with restful APIs and Progressive Web Apps
- Firm grasp of framework URL based routing principles
- You are a master of HTML and optimizing CSS via LESS/SASS/ etc.
- You champion quality engineering:
- you write maintainable, efficient code with associated tests ( Karma / Mocha/Chai/Enzyme ) and appropriate coverage
- you enjoy reviewing code and providing ( and receiving ) constructive feedback
- you know and love continuous integration ( Jenkins, Circle, AWS Codebuild ) and understand its benefits, workflows, etc.
- you understand the fundamentals and importance of code, quality, and performance metrics
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related discipline
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to join a team that’s innovating at the core of the exploding Hispanic market, we’d love to talk! All Miami and Bogota-based
Candidates will primarily be considered in Miami and Bogota.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer