Engineering Lead (Mobile), UCI
New York, NY
Univision Interactive Media is seeking an Engineering Lead, Mobile to join our Product & Engineering team. The Interactive Media Group develops and maintains all consumer-facing applications: Univision.com, mobile applications (e.g. Univision, Univision Deportes, Uforia), data services (video, sports, etc), and more!
Candidates for the Engineering Lead should have a passion for building mobile apps (iOS and Android) and innovating new technologies and approaches in mobile app development. He/she/they will mentor, support, and lead a team of 2-3 engineers. The team has some new, innovative mobile projects in the works as we look make an even greater impact on the global Hispanic community.
- Own architecture, development, testing and delivery of mobile apps
- Help develop and execute our mobile roadmap for our Deportes/Entertainment Apps
- Accountable for day-to-day project support and assist team members to unblock or resolve any issues that may arise and review pull requests
- Participate in defining business requirements as needed, including providing technical specifications
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and experience of the application
- You will be responsible for mentoring and managing a team of engineers.
- You are a team player. You share code-ownership as much as possible. You don't mind fixing other people’s code or stepping in to help a teammate.
- 1-2 years of active experience working on a shipping react native application
- 3-4 years of experience with Objective C, or Java/Kotlin (a mix of both would be ideal)
- Experience with dealing with complex code bases
- Experience using Redux, and experience with other react native best practices.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of Android/IOS SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Advanced experience with mobile technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends (hybrid & native)
- Real understanding of how the web works under the hood. TCP, HTTP, DNS, IP, caches, etc.
- Strong knowledge of IOS/Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration such as Jenkins, Circle, Nevercode
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related discipline
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to join a team that’s innovating at the core of the exploding Hispanic market, we’d love to talk!
**This job can be filled out of our New York City or Miami office.**