New York, NY
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Earther, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik and The Root. As part of Fusion Media Group, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
Gizmodo Media Group is looking for a YouTube Manager for all eight sites in our portfolio. This role will be responsible for how GMG’s videos exist on YouTube — from overseeing day-to-day publishing alongside our producers to optimization and setting overall strategy for community building, partnerships and audience growth.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with online video and excited to work across a broad set of content areas — from cars to cooking to politics. You should have a deep knowledge of YouTube and what makes video succeed on the platform — and be excited to try new strategies and experiment to keep our pages growing. The best fit will be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize, helping us focus on the communities and pages where we have the greatest potential for success. This position will report to the deputy head of video and work out of our New York City office.
- Manage the YouTube channels for the eight GMG properties (with help from the larger team)
- Work with producers to establish best practices, so videos are published on an optimized schedule with great thumbs, headlines, and packaging
- Develop new strategies for growth and work with producers to execute them
- Manage partnerships and find new ways to work with the broader YouTube community
- Collaborate with the audience and social team on how YouTube works alongside our overall social strategy
- Track monthly analytics and share insights with the team
- Maintain relationships with YouTube representatives
You should have:
- 3-5+ years experience in digital media — either in video with a focus on YouTube or in social media and audience development
- Great writing skills with a knack for strong headlines and punchy copy
- Strong knowledge of SEO
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and basic video production skills is preferred
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This job will be based in GMG's New York office, also open to candidates based in San Francisco.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.