Social Media Manager, The A.V. Club/Takeout (Contract)
As a Social Media Manager for the A.V. Club/The Takeout marketing team you will work with our editorial teams and marketing leads to support multiple publications across multiple social platforms. You will be responsible for assuring that Onion Inc. content finds the largest possible audience through systematic experimentation.
You will also be asked to manage other elements of our marketing operations including paid social media, distributed platform management, web/social monetization and email marketing.
Be a self-motivated person who isn’t afraid to carve out new responsibilities for yourself and you will thrive. A successful Social Media Manager will learn about, and contribute to the operations of, other aspects of our business over time (content strategy, monetization, ad operations, etc).
- Promote Onion Inc. content across all social media channels
- Work with marketing, analytics and editorial teams to maintain standard operating procedures, or establish them where none exist
- Suggest and monitor Onion Inc.’s organic/paid promotions of editorial content
- Schedule and monitor weekend and night promotions
- Promote Onion Inc. sponsored events and branded merchandise
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 1-2 years experience with audience development at a publisher or social marketing at an advertising agency or brand
- Ability to discern and replicate varied publication voices
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform under deadline pressure
- Experience working with social media analytics, specifically measurement and effectiveness of social media activities
- Ability to manage social media advertising programs
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and articulate in presenting and selling your ideas
- Proven competency across social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tiktok, and Pinterest
- Must be on top of new developments in social media, as well as distributed platforms like Google News, Apple News, and SmartNews
About the Company
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a contract role that is based at The Onion Inc. headquarters in Chicago.