Producer/Editor, GMG Video
New York, NY
Gizmodo Media Group is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly creative producer and editor to join its digital video team.
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Earther, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik and The Root. As part of G/O Media, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
We are looking for a skilled producer who can pitch great video ideas and bring them to life. The ideal candidate is also a skilled editor who can turn a video quick and clean — or go deep and find the story in hours of footage. You should be comfortable working solo or as part of a big, collaborative group. Some shooting skills preferred.
- 5 years experience in digital video production and editing, with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms
- The ability to move between quick, timely projects and longer deep dives, juggling the needs of the news cycle with long-running series and short documentaries
- An idea generator with the ability to conceive and structure series, one-off video stories, and video content for platforms including Facebook and YouTube
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write a compelling script and condense a complicated story down to a few crystal clear sentences
- An interest in broad types of stories — we make videos about science, cars, celebrities, politics and more
- Independently edit (Premiere Pro) high-quality video, while also being able to shoot and work alongside crews or in pairs as needed
- Experience field producing is a plus
Please provide at least two clips of your video work along with your application, noting which role you played in each.
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a full-time staff position based in New York City. Candidates in the San Francisco area will be considered.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.