New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
G/O Media is currently looking for a Collection Manager to work within our Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Treasury Operations, you will be responsible for creating, facilitating and maintaining a smoothly operating collections management system. As the Collections Manager, you will be responsible for collecting and applying payments as well as weekly and monthly reporting of performance to assist treasury forecasting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish relationships with sales personnel as well as third party agencies and advertisers to ensure a seamless process of order to payment
- Timely record cash application
- Identify delinquent accounts and initiate collection action by contacting the customer
- Resolve account discrepancies with customers
- Timely record billings adjustments
- Research payments, debit/credit memos, invoices, pricing errors, etc.
- Establish payment plans, if necessary
- Maintain all supporting collection efforts documentation electronically or paper copies as appropriate
- Special projects or duties as required
- 5+ years of collection experience, preferably in the media, advertising or entertainment industry
- Ability to work under pressure and succeed, especially in a fast-paced environment
- A self-motivated and strategic thinker with tactical skills
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, billing and cash application modules
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and a positive, entrepreneurial, service-oriented mindset
- Highly organized, especially when it comes to filing
- Computer literate in MS Office programs and NetSuite a plus
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.