New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
G/O Media is currently looking for a Financial Analyst to work within our Finance team. This person will assist with finance operations for the editorial teams. The Financial Analyst will act as liaison between FP&A (including Accounting, Accounts Payables, etc.), and the editorial staff in all finance and editorial related matters, forecast the business, and manage the editorial payables process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build financial forecasts for the largest editorial division and other strategic departments within G/O Media
- Work alongside edit leads to provide monthly actuals and pacing, as well as understanding the needs of individual sites
- Overseeing the editorial freelance payment process, providing support for Accounts Payable
- Prepare monthly consolidated reporting package including actuals, pacing, and metrics for finance and editorial stakeholders
- Assist in monthly and quarterly close processes
- Support development and preparation of ad hoc financial and business analytics in various areas of the company
- Review and code all travel & entertainment reports for the editorial teams
- Identify and drive process improvements through data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years of relevant finance or accounting experience, preferably Retail or Media
- Proficient in Excel, experience with financial systems a plus
- Strong attention-to-detail and ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships and trust with management, vendors, and various stakeholders
- Apply new concepts effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, dynamic and evolving environment
- Ability to interact with senior management and skilled in presenting data
- Must be flexible, agile, and highly responsive to the needs of the business
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.