Ad Operations Manager
New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
G/O Media is currently looking for an Ad Operations Manager to execute digital advertising campaigns for our increasing list of agencies and advertisers. As our Ad Ops Manager, you will provide insight and expertise on a variety of campaign executions, as well as providing direction to the appropriate teams, to guarantee the success of our campaigns and satisfaction of our clients. These campaigns include preferred deals, direct, programmatic guaranteed, and PMPs that run across our sites and video distribution platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal teams to guarantee client satisfaction on both programmatic and direct campaigns
- Troubleshoot issues related to campaigns and creative
- Manage day-to-day trafficking of ad campaigns across the company’s owned and operated properties as well as any external distribution platforms
- Manage weekly departmental meetings and build retargeting segments
- Work with creative teams to ensure we’re in compliance with ad policies and publication specifications
- Manage the delivery and optimization of ad campaigns to ensure they fulfill accurately
- Create daily delivery report analysis for general overdelivery, under delivery and breakage
- Experience managing digital advertising campaigns across both direct and programmatic channels
- Advertising operations focused individual with expertise in digital advertising
- Strong attention-to-detail and organizational skills
- Experience working with Operative and DFP and browser inspector tools and inventory management systems
- Previous experience at a publisher or ad agency is helpful, ideally working across both direct and programmatic campaigns
- Experience with campaign management in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and manage several accounts simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.