Digital Media Planner
New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The A.V. Club, and Clickhole, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Digital Media Planner to help develop digital media strategies in support of our Ad Sales team. This person will be responsible for generating detailed media plan proposals in partnership with the content team in response to requests for proposal from agencies and clients. As our Digital Media Planner, you will be responsible for understanding our advertising specs and tracking advertising inventory and availability to ensure accurate forecasting for all campaigns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete day-to-day sales planning material in response to RFPs
- Create digital sales plans using appropriate media mix, inventory avails and pricing
- Fill out all spec requests
- Manage all daily sales plan revisions
- Pull relevant audience statistics via ComScore
- Review & approve all Insertion Orders against internal inventory system
- Understand G/O Media’s inventory and traffic patterns to effectively put together media plans customized to client objectives
- Work closely with our sales and content teams in order to effectively create a media strategy that aligns with client goals
- Collaborate with sales, account management and ad ops to ensure campaigns transition from proposal to launch
- Traffic necessary paperwork through internal channels
- Administrative tasks such as database management and spec upkeep
- 1 - 2 years of work experience in one of the following areas: strategic digital planning (experience at an agency or with a publisher) or digital sales
- Ability to understand client priorities and translate to effective media plans
- Knowledge of industry – current and up and coming
- Understanding of third party data and targeting
- Ability to support requests from account management, sales and media, while also juggling various tasks
- Ability to quickly analyze media plans and succinctly recap findings
- Self sufficiency and attention-to-detail
- Digital planning, sales, or campaign management experience a must
- Proficiency in digital media tools such as DART, Atlas, Omniture, iDesk, MediaVisor, ComScore, etc. highly desired
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, efficiently manage time and prioritize deliverables
- Proficient in Excel, Keynote
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Position is based in G/O Media's New York City office.
This role reports directly into our VP of Strategy.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you shortly.