New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Research Manager to lead brand measurement and analysis for our clients. This role will work closely with measurement partners such as Nielsen, Millward Brown, Placed and Samba to develop measurement plans, surveys and reporting. We are looking for someone capable of doing complex statistical analysis but also skilled at explaining results in their simplest terms. Presentation skills, both written and oral, are a must for this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recommend brand studies in response to RFPs
- Create materials outlining brand studies
- Contract and track brand studies sold
- Negotiate pricing with measurement partners
- Explain brand study methodology and tracking to clients
- Work with clients to understand KPIs/ goals to translate into measurement plans
- Understand G/O Media’s offerings and create corresponding measurement plans
- Work with clients, ad ops and account measurement to ensure studies are properly tracked and implemented
- Track study results over time and develop benchmarks
- Analyze study results and translate into wrap decks and future recommendations
- Present results in a strategic, simple and actionable format
- 3-4+ years of relevant work experience in research/ analytics at agency, publisher or measurement provider
- Ability to understand client priorities and translate to effective measurement plans
- Strong understanding of digital media, custom content and the ways in which it can be measured
- Track record integrating and scaling new measurement and research solutions
- Experience with Nielsen, comScore, attribution modeling, and other ad research providers
- Experience with any of the following: SQL, R, SPSS/STATA, Tableau
- Knowledge of industry – current and up and coming
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Ability to support requests from account management, sales and media, while also juggling various tasks
- Ability to quickly analyze results and succinctly recap findings
- Self sufficiency and attention-to-detail
- Skilled at developing process, solution-oriented
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Team-oriented with the ability to earn trust and work with and influence others in a global organization. Must be comfortable with frequent senior management contact
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to set priorities in a dynamic deadline-driven setting and to manage expectations
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, problem solving and has a bias for action
- Ability to multitask, efficiently manage time and prioritize deliverables
- Proficient in Excel, Keynote
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Position can be based in G/O Media's New York City or LA office.
This role reports directly into our VP of Strategy.