Director of Sales, Midwest
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role
G/O Media is looking for a Director of Sales, Midwest with a proven sales record to join our team in Chicago. As the Director of Midwest Sales, you will be responsible for driving sales, securing new business, and managing deep ongoing relationships on the agency and client level.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with key marketing executives and decision makers on target accounts
- Drive the entire sales process including: meetings, RFP, negotiating, closing, and advising during execution
- Work in conjunction with sales management on account development strategies
- Promptly and proactively address incoming inquiries/RFPs, working with Marketing and Strategy teams to develop proposals for RFPs and proactive opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends that are relevant to targeted vertical markets, as well as general media news
- Maintain an aggressive sales pipeline with weekly reports to sales management
- BA/BS degree and at least 7 years of sales experience
- Solid track record in achieving goals with outstanding execution and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, outgoing personality, and strong presentation skills
- Strong sales, negotiation, account management, follow-up, and time management skills are essential
- Extremely responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment
- Creative, idea oriented salesperson who can manage multiple campaign facets seamlessly
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively and independently while being collaborative with support teams
- Hands-on, consistently completes tasks, dependable, and proactive
- Full understanding of appropriate next steps
- Operates with a sense of urgency, focus, and discipline
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal)
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.