Ad Ops Coordinator
New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
The Ad Ops Coordinator is a junior role on our growing Ad Operations team, which drives delivery, optimization, and reporting for all G/O Media ad campaigns. The Ad Ops team works very closely with the Sales, Marketing and creative groups, which together handle all brand advertising on G/O Media properties. We’re looking for someone web-savvy and resourceful to join the Ad Ops team and help us be the ad serving and analytics experts for our company and our clients! The ideal candidate is an expert problem solver and data digger but also an expert communicator -- able to dive in to retrieve details and then discuss them in a human way.
- Drive, ability to manage details, meticulousness
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks and make your own to do list
- Proficiency in Excel (including formulas)
- Understanding the language of online measurement: uniques, pageviews, visits, referrers, etc.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and blogging
- Familiarity with Google products like Docs, Calendar, Analytics
- Strong familiarity with digital media language: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, etc.
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
- Prior experience trafficking in an ad server (DoubleClick DFP preferred) or in ad operations, sales support, or account management is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.