Midwest Sales Manager
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
G/O Media is seeking a dynamic Midwest Sales Manager to lead a team of sellers and generate advertising revenue with client and agency partners. This role requires a persuasive, disciplined self-starter with a passion for sales leadership and goals through high-volumes of activity. An understanding of programmatic, content marketing and branded content sales experience are vital.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of G/O Media's product & content capabilities
Lead a team of digital sellers in Midwest territory
- Build relationships with key marketing executives and decision makers on target accounts
- Drive the entire sales process including: meetings, RFP, negotiating, closing, and advising campaign cadence.
- Work in conjunction with sellers on account development strategies
- Commit to a high activity sales culture, executing an individual minimum of 7-10 meetings per week
- Procure proposals/RFI’s from each meeting and commit to an innovative follow up strategy (next day on submission etc.)
- Work collaboratively with all levels of staff within our Sales, Media Operations, Strategy, Account Management, Product, and Intelligence teams
- Use the CRM/NetSuite for meeting, follow-up and notes diligently
- 3+ years of experience in digital advertising sales management, marketing, consulting, or media
- In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology and competitive landscape
- Well established client/agency relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy
- A deep understanding of the industry's key issues and trends
- Have fun through winning team attitude
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.