Director, Ad Operations
New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
G/O Media is currently looking for a Director of Ad Operations to manage and implement ad operations and trafficking processes, inventory and campaign lifecycle management, and vendor management. As our Director of Ad Operations, you will work with technologies that make up the digital media ecosystem -- DFP, SSPs, DMPs -- while tagging and tracking technologies, and working on campaign billing. You will provide strategic and tactical input on ad products and work closely with the product team.
The Director of Ad Operations will lead the Ad Ops team, assure that traffickers have the support they need, and work with stakeholders to identify, adopt and optimize G/O Media's ad tech systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with product and tech teams to enhance ad serving solutions, revenue products and QA/Troubleshooting methodology
- Overseeing the digital advertising operations team
- Mentor, lead and grow the ad ops team while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Work closely with pre and post-sales support team to ensure successful delivery of all campaigns
- Clearly communicate advertising capabilities and needs with sales, business development, editorial, tech and product teams
- Work with sales and marketing to ensure go-to market strategy matches ability to execution
- Manage weekly departmental meetings
- 7 -10 years of experience working in the digital media space
- Experience managing digital advertising campaigns across both direct and programmatic channels
- Demonstrated experience managing and building teams of 5 or more
- Debugging and troubleshooting
- High level of proficiency of media operation platforms (DFP, Operative, SSPs, DSPs, DMPs)
- Strong understanding of Rich Media, VAST, VPAID
- Experience with campaign management in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and manage several accounts simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.