New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
We are currently seeking an HR Generalist to join our team in New York City. We need someone who is a dynamic, self-starter who likes to get things done. The person who takes on this role should have a passion for Human Capital Management and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will support all facets of HR (employee relations, labor relations, benefits, learning and development, compensation, etc.). In addition, you will serve as the main point of contact for benefits and payroll.
Reporting into the SVP Head of People, this position will involve a wide array of duties and the opportunities are endless.This position will involve a wide array of duties and the opportunities are endless.
- Act as a strategic advisor on all aspects of HR and employee experience
- Manage employee experience from onboarding through offboarding
- Field employee relations issues from coaching to conducting formal investigations, as needed
- Manage labor relations/relationship with Editorial/Production union (WGA-E)
- Administer and manage payroll and benefits (including processing of all benefits invoices)
- Lead annual open enrollment process, field employee benefits questions
- Handle all benefits compliance testing (ex: NDT and Form 5500 Testing for Savings & Retirement Plan)
- Manage and process annual merit increases
- Continue to evolve company policies and procedures to ensure compliance and best practices
- Lead learning and development: Compliance required training and other professional development training opportunities as identified
- Spearhead employee engagement opportunities (ex: Take Your Child to Work Day)
- Assist with special ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; PHR a plus
- 7+ years experience in Human Resources
- Proven record of success in handling a variety of projects and people in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills in English (written & spoken)
- Ability to handle confidential information and issues with discretion and sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Can be a confident and credible resource for employees on all HR-related matters
- Ability to prioritize and time manage effectively
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- WorkDay or relevant HRIS knowledge and experience a plus
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.