New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a detailed-oriented, cost-conscience Event Manager with the creativity, enthusiasm and experience to help bring the G/O Media brands to life through engaging and entertaining live experiences. This person will report to the SVP of Marketing and interact with leaders of sales and editorial teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute events from beginning to end
- Research event venues
- Negotiate contracts for event venues
- Interface with business and editorial teams
- Develop and oversee event budgets
- Create detailed project calendar
- Maintain weekly event development status reports
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience managing events for a media company or other sales focused organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A problem solver, with the ability to prioritize and time manage effectively
- A persuasive and confident presenter
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken)
- A fan of and identifies with G/O Media’s brands
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.