New York, NY
Gizmodo Media Group is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly creative Video Editor to join its digital team in New York City.
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik, and The Root. As part of G/O Media, we reach an audience of 120+ million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
We are looking for a skilled video editor who can create high-quality digital videos. The ideal candidate is quick and clean — able to respond efficiently to breaking news — and also capable of switching gears and digging deep into hours of footage to find the best story. You should be comfortable working solo or as part of a big, collaborative group. Additional video skills (producing, shooting, animation, motion graphics) are a big plus — but this is primarily an editing role.
- 3-5 years experience in digital video production and editing, with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social and online platforms
- The ability to move between quick, timely projects and longer deep dives, juggling the needs of the news cycle with long-running series and short documentaries
- A self-starter who can stick to deadlines and deliver clean and on time.
- An interest in broad types of stories — we make videos about science, cars, celebrities, politics and more
- Ability to edit independently when needed, but also to collaborate and work alongside writers and producers
- Independently edit (Premiere Pro) high-quality video, while also working alongside writ work alongside crews or in pairs as needed
- Experience in one or all of writing, scripting, and shooting is a big plus
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a full-time staff position based in New York. Candidates in LA or the Bay Area will be considered.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you shortly.