New York, NY
Gizmodo Media Group is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly creative Shooter/Editor to join our digital video team in New York.
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik, and The Root. As part of G/O Media, we reach an audience of 120+ million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
We are looking for a skilled Shooter/Editor who can make great-looking video to work on our creative pool, the hub that creates videos for all of GMG’s sites. You should be a pro in the technical aspects of filming, know how to run a studio shoot and film out in the world. We’re looking for fast-moving and flexible team players — sometimes we have the luxury of planning for weeks and sometimes we have to do our best right now. Our ideal candidate has some experience producing and/or editing.
- 3-5 years experience in creating digital video, with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social and online platforms.
- The ability to move between quick, timely projects and longer deep dives, juggling the needs of the news cycle with long-running series and more complex shoots.
- A self-starter who can stick to deadlines and deliver clean and on-time.
- An interest in broad types of stories — we make videos about science, cars, celebrities, politics and more.
- Collaborative with a friendly bedside manner: Our ideal candidate can help coax a good read out of a shy writer, join a big crew for a big project one day, and then work independently the next.
- Experience in one or all of scripting, producing, and editing is a big plus.
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a full-time staff position based in New York City.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.