New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role
Account Management is an integral part of G/O Media’s sales organization, helping to nurture and grow existing client relationships. As our Account Manager, you should be an experienced client leader, who can quickly develop strong client relationships and can lead a project from 75% through Production and Campaign Wrap. You will be the day-to-day point person for clients and will coordinate with internal teams to ensure campaigns are successful. We're looking for someone eager who has solid experience in digital media, content/advertising development and production, as well as exceptional customer service skills and attention to detail. As G/O Media is a new brand in the media landscape, this is an opportunity to join the team at an exciting time and influence new internal processes and best practices within the larger Marketing team.
This position reports directly to the Account Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple clients in production on a weekly basis
- Act as key leader and main liaison between multiple clients and internal teams for creative, production, media
- Ability to quickly establish strong relationships with clients to build trust and respect during production process
- Oversee ongoing campaign and project work including media, creative and production deliverables
- Ability to prioritize competing demands across all campaigns, and identify issues that require a heightened urgency or a need for internal escalation
- Act as team leader on client business recommendations, creative strategy and analytics reporting
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 - 8 years of related experience in digital advertising and video production. Agency or publisher experience preferred.
- Must have client leadership experience in contract-based client relationship
- Ability to lead and facilitate strategic thinking by understanding client business objectives and interpreting them in to creative insights
- Excellent oral and written skills including experience in client presentations
- Ability to build trusted relationships with clients and internal teams, i.e. creative, sales, media, production
- Must be dedicated, reliable, flexible and confident problem-solver
- Attention to detail and follow-through to team members and clients
- Proactive approach with positive, can-do attitude
- Can handle many projects with equal attention to detail, with campaigns varying in size and scope
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.