Staff Reporter, Gizmodo (NYC)
New York, NY
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Jalopnik, and The Root. As part of G/O Media, we reach an audience of 120+ million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
We're looking for a sharp, hungry reporter located in the New York City area to join Gizmodo’s technology news team. The ideal candidate will have excellent instincts for a great story, proven reporting experience, and the ability to consistently produce high-quality daily news reports as well as longer-term features. Equally important is a genuine interest in technology and its ramifications, and the insight and fearlessness needed to expertly cover this essential beat.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide daily coverage of technology, the tech industry, and related beats
- Work with editors to develop the contours of your beats
- Effectively cultivate valuable sources within your beats
- Consistently craft medium-, and long-form investigative and analysis pieces
- Establish yourself as a must-read reporter in your beats
- Experience working at a major digital or print outlet with strong tech coverage
- A demonstrated ability to break news in a core technology beat
- Be comfortable writing analysis, breaking news, and investigative features
- A fast and authoritative writer, a whiz at cultivating and working sources, a thick skin and a sense of humor
- NYC area-based strongly preferred
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.