The Sound Mixer/Editor is responsible for recording, mixing and editing the on-going Onion podcast series. Additionally, this person may be required to support the team by mixing/sweetening audio assets for video, radio and podcast content related to Onion Inc. editorial and G/O Media branded verticals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recording, editing and mixing an ongoing news-style Onion podcast series, consisting of both studio and field segments
- Editing and/or mixing audio for video, podcast and radio spots assigned for branded and editorial content across all Onion Inc. and G/O Media verticals
- Oversee studio’s audio equipment inventory and report any gear issues to Studio Manager
- Managing, organizing, and maintaining all assets related to assigned projects according to the process/procedure put into place by the Director of Post Production
- Minimum 3 years of studio and field-based audio recording
- At least 3 years of sound editing and mixing experience
- Expert in Pro Tools
- Advance experience with various field recording and mixing equipment
- Audio editing experience for both podcast and video
- Familiarity with daily news podcasts including their style, tone, and format
- Ability to work quickly and react positively to meet tight deadlines while taking direction and notes from producers and directors
- Strong organizational skills and familiarity with industry standard post-production workflows
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This position is based in The Onion Inc office in Chicago.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.