Senior Sales Director, LA
Los Angeles, CA
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The A.V. Club, and Clickhole, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is seeking a Senior Director of Sales based in our LA office to manage a focused client list of their own in the company’s Southern California, Arizona and Las Vegas sales region. This role requires a persuasive, disciplined self-starter with a passion for hitting sales goals and high-volume sales activity along with an ability in calling on all levels in client marketing organizations and their ad/media agencies. An understanding of content marketing/branded content sales experience, as well as programmatic media sales are an important attribute, as are close working relationships with client and agency decision makers across the territory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of G/O Media’s properties and our product & content capabilities
- Commit to a high activity sales culture and instill that work ethic among the team
- Attend in-person meetings, join phone calls and guide client discussions with account executives
- Identify and influence key digital media decision makers across the client and agency landscape
- Maintain a strategic list of clients while hitting personal revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Work collaboratively with all levels of staff within our National Sales, Creative, G/O Studios, Programmatic, Product, and Marketing/Sales Support teams
- Commit to using G/O Media Sales CRM (Netsuite) for meeting call reports, logging RFPs, follow-up and notes
- 10+ years of experience in digital media sales with some managerial experience
- Longterm relationships with clients & agencies with a focus on entertainment & auto categories
- In-person presentation skills
- Persuasive phone and email articulation of media plans, content and concepts
- Ability to open doors with senior level agency and client contacts
- Past success selling branded content and custom marketing solutions a plus
- Ability to bring in relevant qualified business opportunities
- Strategic approach to selling multi-faceted programs and managing a diverse list of clients from a variety of strategic business categories, including Entertainment, Gaming, Automotive, Technology, CPG, QSR, Finance, Travel, etc.
- Ability to strategically close business
- Willingness to entertain and build relationships with clients
- Ability to build relationships that lead to new and renewable business
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.