Talent Acquisition Partner
New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The A.V. Club, and Clickhole, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a dynamic Talent Acquisition Partner who has great interest in the work of the company, to manage the full-cycle recruitment processes across multiple business units including Business, Editorial, Video, Technology, Marketing and Sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage candidate relationship and the full lifecycle recruitment process: from the moment the position is approved for recruitment to screening, interviewing, and the offer process
- Building relationships and partnering with hiring managers in order to define core competencies for specific roles
- Attract and source both active and passive candidates using a variety of techniques
- Provide salary recommendations, negotiations and confirm departmental budgets for all offers
- Coordinate and schedule all interviews, phone screens, and video meetings with management
- Collaborating with the HR team to develop and implement strategic initiatives to improve our recruiting processes and ensure candidate success
- Responsible for building relationships with historically diverse universities and communities
- 3-5 years experience with high volume recruitment, preferably in the media, broadcast and/or entertainment industry
- Familiarity with an applicant tracking system is a must, Greenhouse is preferred
- Passion for the various sites we house under the G/O Media umbrella
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and operates well as an independent team player
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven behavioral interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- An excellent problem solver who has the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This position is based at G/O Media’s HQ in New York City.
This position reports into the SVP of People.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you shortly.