Staff Writer, Jalopnik (reviews)
Los Angeles, CA
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The A.V. Club, and Clickhole, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
Jalopnik, the automotive-focused G/O Media site with more than 13 million global monthly readers, is looking for a Staff Writer whose primary focus is creating enthusiastic, informative and unique reviews of cars and other vehicles in text and video formats.
The ideal candidate will have a deep and passionate knowledge of any machine that moves. They must be skilled behind the wheel, but even more skilled at weaving a good story in Jalopnik's honest, fun and critical editorial voice. This candidate must also be quick, hardworking, creative and adept at turning out content at one of the fastest-paced companies in media.
Who You Should Be:
- Someone with a strong understanding of Jalopnik's voice and brand
- Someone with several years of experience at a print or digital outlet, ideally with car and transportation writing experience
- Passionate about cars, but even more passionate about storytelling and spreading car enthusiasm to new audiences
- A writer with strong news judgment and the ability to respond quickly to cultural and current events with appropriate stories
- Someone who is comfortable turning out a great deal of work, and can balance daily reviews with larger breakout features
- Organized, detail-oriented, ambitious and comfortable at a website with a massive audience
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and answer the job-specific questions below.
This position will be based remotely out of Los Angeles.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.