Staff Writer, Jalopnik
Los Angeles, CA
Jalopnik, the automotive-focused G/O Media site with more than 13 million global monthly readers, is looking for a Staff Writer whose primary focus is creating enthusiastic, informative and unique reviews of cars and other vehicles in text and video formats.
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik, and The Root. As part of G/O Media, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have a deep and passionate knowledge of any machine that moves. They must be skilled behind the wheel, but even more skilled at weaving a good story in Jalopnik's honest, fun and critical editorial voice. This candidate must also be quick, hardworking, creative and adept at turning out content at one of the fastest-paced companies in media.
Who You Should Be:
- Someone with a strong understanding of Jalopnik's voice and brand
- Someone with several years of experience at a print or digital outlet, ideally with car and transportation writing experience
- Passionate about cars, but even more passionate about storytelling and spreading car enthusiasm to new audiences
- A writer with strong news judgment and the ability to respond quickly to cultural and current events with appropriate stories
- Someone who is comfortable turning out a great deal of work, and can balance daily reviews with larger breakout features
- Organized, detail-oriented, ambitious and comfortable at a website with a massive audience
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and answer the job-specific questions below.
This position will be based remotely out of Los Angeles.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.