New York, NY or Los Angeles
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
Our strategists lead the pre-sale process from start to finish. Strategists are the big picture thinkers and storytellers, identifying the heart of a client's problem and providing the value proposition and solutions that will solve their marketing challenge for each RFP/RFI that comes in the door. The strategist ensures every team from our creative studios to audience insights to media and production ladders up a strategic solution in a cohesive, impactful pitch.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify the right tools for maximum impact against brand KPIs
- Activate the appropriate teams for the channel strategy including media, distribution, creative, editorial, social, art and product
- Provide a clear framework for creative solutions through succinct, well-defined briefs and guide conceptual and creative development to align with the strategy
- Work with Research to create a measurement strategy laddering back to KPIs + proving effectiveness
- Ladder everything up to insights and proven effectiveness using a smart combination of audience, site, social, category, industry and brand lift data
- Use visual storytelling and an in-depth knowledge of our product capabilities to put our best foot forward and get our point across in the marketplace
- Together with creative and sales, present programs to clients; process client feedback through the filter of what is strategically sound and on-brief
- Daily communication via Slack, email, Trello, Google Docs and Gchats with creative, media operations, content operations and editorial leads across our 12 sites
- Knowledge of competitive landscape and monitor market trends and industries to identify new opportunities
- 3-5 years of experience in creative, media or content strategy
- Skilled in insight-based channel strategy development
- Experience with branded content and sponsorships
- A problem solver and strong communicator
- Has an understanding of media agency needs/ RFP asks
- Has a developed understanding of KPI-driven media and content strategy
- Efficient multitasker, skilled at balancing multiple asks and deadlines
- A persuasive and confident presenter
- Has an interest and passion for comedy and humor based content
- A fan of and identifies with the G/O Media brands
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This role is full-time, based in NYC or LA
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you shortly.