G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
This full-time position is responsible for leading, directing, developing and executing strategies to provide best in class retail experience across G/O Media’s portfolio of brands including A/V Club, ClickHole, Deadspin, Gizmodo, Jalopnik, Jezebel, Kotaku, LifeHacker, The Onion, The Root and The Takeout. This role uniquely combines the need for a candidate with both product design vision & merchandising talent as well as operational & financial expertise.
- Consumer fashion and product oriented professional who can plan, direct and implement all aspects of merchandising and product development with licensees.
- Work with digital product development to design and execute online stores for each brand to drive revenue.
- Mange SKU development from a product / creative and fiduciary point of view. Must have the ability to build collections from the ground up. Knowledge of the product development process in multiple soft lines categories.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Excel necessary
- Approver of licensee designs in Brand assurance system.
- Build relationships with licensee’s creative teams. Maintain the day to day business of your assigned categories.
- Responsible for developing and achieving overall financial goals to support division business plan.
- Communicate industry/market trends and competitive information to help take advantage of market/product/sales opportunities.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and be process driven.
- Knowledge of G/O Media brands preferred.
Our ideal candidate will have a BA/BS degree in Marketing, or Fashion Merchandising, 4-7 years plus years merchandising experience working in a retail or wholesale environment specializing in soft lines, consumer products; excellent written and verbal communication skills, a proven track record with design and collateral implementation, the ability to multi-task, exceptional attention to detail and meeting strict deadlines are essential. This person will be able to understand the brands in the G/O Media portfolio and develop product strategies that resonate with our readers and match the sensibility of the brand and its content. Analytically driven and operates with strong business acumen and hold accountability for overall profitability and delivering strategic plans Experience setting corporate priorities, business objectives and key metrics/KPIs and ensuring the attainment of these metrics. Must be able to interact, motivate, and build strong relationships with a variety of people from all disciplines and levels of management
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you shortly.