E-Commerce Product Manager
About the Company:
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Jalopnik, The Onion, The Takeout, AV Club, ClickHole, The Root and The Inventory. As part of G/O Media, these brands reach an audience of 120+ million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Product Manager to join the passionate team growing G/O’s e-commerce business including The Inventory and Kinja Deals. As an essential member of our team, you’ll work closely with engineering and design – along with several other teams from across the company – to create innovative user experiences and products to drive consumer revenue. To succeed, you need to be confident working at the intersection of a consumer-facing platform and the needs of a thriving media business. You will be dedicated to building a data-driven approach to creating the best experience for all of our users: our in-house content team, independent bloggers, merchants, and the devoted readers and communities we serve.
- Set product strategy that fits G/O Media’s broader corporate goals, prioritize features and develop and ship high-quality products in coordination with designers and engineers in both the New York and Budapest offices.
- Work closely with the in-house analytics team to define KPIs for strategic areas of focus and guarantee that product decisions are informed by quantitative data.
- Understand the KPI that drive revenue and profitability including product selection, day-parting and other metrics. Build processes that bring data into the product development and editorial process.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the publishing, editorial, business and technology teams to clarify and prioritize business and user needs.
- Consistently and clearly communicate product priorities, project status and impact to stakeholders both internal and external to G/O Media.
- Ability to work across a variety of strategic areas of focus ranging from driving revenue innovation to exploring G/O Media’s iOS/Android offering.
- Passion for helping consumers navigate the maze of e-commerce offers and deals to find the best values for their consumer dollars.
- Uncanny attention to detail and quality
- Understanding of what makes a great user experience
- Ability to break complex matters down into simple, actionable steps that empower teams and drive progress.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Unrivaled time management skills and the ability to jump between projects and tasks with ease
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.