Affiliate Partnerships & Commerce Strategy Manager
About the Company:
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The A.V. Club, and Clickhole, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
We are seeking a dynamic individual to manage our affiliate marketing relationships, and support the award winning commerce editorial operations of The Inventory and Kinja Deals.
This role requires a disciplined self-starter with a passion for forging relationships across the retail industry, as well as an innate understanding of shoppable content, and what makes it work. You’ll be negotiating affiliate rates and exclusive deals with merchants, working with our product and data engineering teams to improve our commerce offerings on a technical level, and working with the commerce editorial team to identify and capitalize on opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of G/O Media's product & commerce content capabilities and brands.
- Manage affiliate relationships with merchants ranging from small startups to Amazon and Walmart, as well as with important tech providers and affiliate networks.
- Manage relationships with G/O
- Track daily commerce revenue from Amazon, Skimlinks, and other sources to identify opportunities.
- Introduce brands—both new and established—to Kinja Deals and The Inventory to help the commerce team bring new products and deals to G/O Media’s audience.
- Identify the products that our readers love, and negotiate exclusive deals on them for our readers.
- 4+ years of experience working in the ecommerce and affiliate space, preferably for a major online publisher.
- Familiarity with major affiliate network dashboards and processes.
- Experience working across departments to develop new tools and meet revenue goals.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and synthesize a lot of information--brands, rates, traffic data, conversion data--and turn it into actionable insights.
- Well established merchant and affiliate relationships.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Deep familiarity with multiple G/O Media brands.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you shortly.