About the Company:
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The A.V. Club, and Clickhole, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
G/O media is looking to hire a receptionist for our Onion, Inc. office based in Chicago.
The core responsibility of the Receptionist is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, while ensuring that the office runs smoothly and efficiently by coordinating office operations/procedures with a high level of communication & organization. Additionally, the Receptionist will work closely with the Facilities, HR & IT departments to help uphold company policy and foster a safe work environment. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is dependable, organized and has an above average ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Reception duties include, but are not limited to:
- Set up & restock of all suites, make coffee, restock drink fridges
- Order, set up & take down bi-monthly catering orders
- Maintain general office husbandry in all suites
- Manage office inventory – order/stock all supplies for the office & kitchen
- Purchase Onion Swag
- Manage Guest Registration via Envoy
- Greet visitors and inform host of their arrival; provide tours as requested
- Holiday party event planning
- Maintain conference room calendar & facilitate any movement to accommodate room requests
- Submit expense reports via Chrome River
- Assist employees with Chrome River & Egencia support
- Sign for and Distribute mail/packages among all suites
- Prepare and send outgoing packages
- Act as the point person for general inquires across the company
- Announcements/updates via Slack & Email
- Coordinate facility concerns with Building Manager & Executive Management
- Coordinate routine maintenance on fire extinguishers & coffee machines
- Coordinate special cleaning projects with cleaning staff & order appropriate supplies for them as needed
- Maintain seating chart for all suites
- Occasional executive assistant duties to Executive Management team
- A minimum of two years experience in a similar role
- Ability to multitask & work under pressure
- Must work well both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and quick learner in a fast-paced position
- Ability to pick up and learn new technologies
- Experience with G-Suite, Word and Excel is a plus
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This position is based in Chicago
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.