New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is seeking Sales Coordinators for our New York, Los Angles and Chicago offices. Our Sales Coordinators should have a passion for digital media and be looking to work closely with a team of dynamic sellers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and collaborate with multiple sellers on various projects including client proposals, proactive presentations and projects
- Work closely with the sales team to provide pre and post-sales support
- Manage sales & marketing materials for media kits, presentations, and proposals
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share and pricing
- Help coordinate client events
- Interest in learning about digital advertising ranging from display, video, custom content and programmatic
- Work cross functionally with sellers, ad operations, marketing and content teams
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, advertising or business equivalent
- Ability to multitask
- Must work well both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and quick learner in a fast-paced position
- Experience with Keynote, PowerPoint, Word and Excel and the ability to learn G/O Media tools
- Ability to pick up and learn new technologies
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This position is based in our New York City office.